Saweetie’s planned Japan run has now turned into a legal fight.
The rapper is reportedly being sued by concert promoter Moon Dream Production, which claims Saweetie and her company, Icy Grl Touring, committed fraud and breached a performance agreement tied to four shows in Japan. The lawsuit seeks over $3 million in damages.
According to court documents cited by TMZ, the deal was for Saweetie to perform four dates in Japan between July 18 and July 26, 2025. Moon Dream Production claims the rapper agreed to a $200,000 fee and received a $100,000 upfront deposit before the shows.
The promoter alleges Saweetie never performed the contracted shows. But the lawsuit goes further than a simple no-show claim. Moon Dream Production says it helped arrange visa services for Saweetie and her team so they could enter Japan, only for the rapper to allegedly perform at other venues for different organizers during the same dates she was supposed to appear for them.
Moon Dream Production also claims the financial damage went beyond the initial deposit. The company says it spent another $100,000 on merchandise and promotional expenses, along with $200,000 on venue costs. The promoter also alleges it expected to make around $400,000 in profits from the shows.
The lawsuit reportedly seeks $3 million in punitive damages, with the promoter arguing that Saweetie’s alleged actions were intentional rather than a normal scheduling dispute. The complaint also claims the $100,000 deposit has not been returned.
Saweetie, whose full name is Diamonté Quiava Valentin Harper, has not issued a public statement in the reports cited so far. The case comes as she continues to stay active musically, but the lawsuit could become a serious issue for her international touring business if the promoter’s claims move forward in court.
For now, the allegations remain claims in a lawsuit.

